- Links on ideas - Support for links to other maps and external links (web pages, e-mail addresses).
- Automatic layout - which prevents ideas from overlapping each other.
- Note and link previews - Hover over a note or link icon to see a preview of its contents.
- Organic link lines - Links in Mindmeister now have a bit of curvature to them, to provide more organic looking visual maps.
- Automatic canvas resizing - When you're adding a lot of ideas to your map, the map canvas will automatically grow larger to accommodate them.
- Slider to view changes by date - This is a neat filtering feature: the ability to constrain which items are shown in your map based on a time period.
- Create maps based on an idea - Essentially, you can create a sub-map from a topic in your current map. Nice!
- Export as PDF.
- A new team edition - Which allows teams from 10 to 500 users to collaborate on ideas and projects.
One of the most exciting new additions to this full-featured, web-based tool is the announcement of a MindMeister API - an open programming interface that will enable developers to write applications that can interact with MindMeister. This is a first for any web-based tool, and should lead to some powerful integrations and new applications that will expand MindMeister in exciting new directions!
Finally, the application's developers have launched a new blog, which will make it easier to keep up with the latest changes to MindMeister.