Kyle McFarlin, the Visual Strategist and author of The Underlying Blog, was recently featured on The Productivity Show, a weekly podcast that covers technologies and methodologies for getting things done more efficiently. In this one-hour conversation, host Tony Goodson talks with Kyle about a wide range of mind mapping topics, including:
- The current state and desired future functionality of MindManager 7
- The future of visual mapping
- How Kyle implements David Allen's Getting Things Done (GTD) methodology
- GyroQ and ResultManager, two MindManager add-ins Kyle uses as part of his GTD workflow
- Kyle's new "VSS" map template set, which is designed to be a complete personal and professional framework around which you can build your mapping activities (they're a free download from Kyle's site)
- And more!
What's particularly unique and refreshing about this podcast is that it is very much a dialogue between Kyle and Tony, rather than a monologue or a more traditional interview, where the host asks a brief question and the guest offers a detailed answer. This is more of a conversation, which is quite entertaining and informative! It helps that both gentlemen utilize mind mapping software extensively, which enables them to get beyond the basics and into some deeper mapping-related topics.